Crimson Haze is proud to partner with AXIS for all your custom lighting needs.
Here’s a little about AXIS Pioneer Square from their own website:
“AXIS is a beautiful special event venue located in the classic Globe Building of Pioneer Square. This versatile space centers on a row of 18′ tall brick arches gracefully combining the historic textures of the 1890 building with subtle industrial modern touches. As the former home to the Elliott Bay Book Company, many Seattleites spent joyful hours wandering these floors, and the resurrection into AXIS has garnered universally rave reviews.”
We love the classic, romantic ambiance at AXIS Pioneer Square. Our most popular services here include café-style string lights, which create a warm, intimate setting, and are fully dimmable to set your desired brightness. Our archway drapes and wireless chandeliers are perfect in the archways, and our Fairy Light Backdrop pairs beautifully with these elements. Mirror balls (disco balls) look spectacular at AXIS Pioneer Square! We also love adding color and dance lighting for a customized party!
Working with Clea and Clayton from Crimson Haze was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made for our wedding. The dance floor was insane and our guests said it was the most fun wedding they’ve ever attended. We are so lucky to have met Clea and Clayton. They are extremely knowledgeable, professional, and creative. Lastly, they are extremely kind and the greatest energies to be around. They work so hard for their clients and we highly recommend Crimson Haze for any lighting needs you may have.
My fiancée and I hired Crimson Haze for our May wedding at AXIS Pioneer Square. The folks at AXIS recommended the team at Crimson Haze (in fact, they said something along the lines of “you’d be crazy to hire anyone else”) and we COULD NOT be happier with the service we received!
I wish I could give more than 5 stars for flexibility. Over the course of rescheduling our wedding in 2020, Clea was always kind, responsive, and flexible with us. We worked with them to install string lights at AXIS Pioneer Square to give the space that little extra something, and we were so happy with the end result!
Custom Packages at AXIS Pioneer Square
Café-Style String Lights
Create a lovely overhead ambiance with our charming, café-style string lights (sometimes called “Italian lights” or “bistro lights”).
Our string lights are always installed with a fully adjustable dimmer, enabling a variety of different moods — for instance, brighter for your ceremony, a bit lower for dinner, and turned way down for mood-lighting when it’s time to dance. (Many other lighting vendors use products that are NOT dimmable!)
String lights are one of the few places where we intentionally avoid using LEDs, opting instead for the warmth and style offered by glass incandescent bulbs. Our bulbs are warm white on their brightest setting and become a golden “candlelight” amber as they dim… romantic and flattering!
Multiple styles are available, including bulbs handcrafted to evoke vintage 20th-century lighting with an antique finish, defined steeple, and intricate filament design.
The North Room is available in two configurations: Classic (6 crossings) and Deluxe (9 crossings)
Archway Drapes and Chandeliers
Add an extra touch of class and luxury by accenting the four stunning brick archways at AXIS with luxurious custom-cut sheer draping.
You can optionally upgrade to include a beautiful, dimmable, stylish wireless chandelier in the center of each archway.
Our luxury chandelier fixtures provide adjustable levels from a soft warm glow to full glowing brightness.
Mirror Balls (Disco Balls)
The mirror ball (disco ball) is a timeless classic mainstay of dance floors everywhere — scattering joyful, festive, sparkling points of light around the room.
We are pleased to offer mirror balls in a variety of sizes, and have the equipment and experience to hang them safely at AXIS.
Fairy Light Backdrop
Our Fairy Light Backdrop provides a bright, warm white glow and is a great backdrop for your ceremony, lounge, sweetheart table, dessert display, and more.
Each Fairy Light Backdrop is a maximum of 11 feet tall and 10 feet wide.
Wedding Inspiration: Jackie & Justin
Jackie & Justin aspired to design their wedding with inspiration cues from their experiences at the Coachella music festival, along with ideas for color and texture from one of their favorite sci-fi films. These thoughts led to lush exotic floral “clouds” hanging over the ceremony and dinner area, combined with our color-changing dynamic string-lights. Over the dance floor, we installed a stylish, elegant mirror-ball + chandelier centerpiece. So fun!
The installation was lit with a set of bright moving lights, and these lights were carefully pre-programmed ahead of time for maximum Coachella-style nightclub impact. We added a touch of haze to facilitate atmosphere and beam effects. All of this, combined with our signature vibrant dynamic uplighting, delivered an unforgettable dance floor experience!
Photos by Kristen Marie Parker
- Coordination and Design – A Renee Events
- Attire – En Blanc (dress), Tuxedo Club (suit)
- Cake – Blue Box Bakery
- Catering – Duos Catering
- DJ – Integral DJs
- Floral – Brier and Ivy
- Hair and Makeup – Bridal Beauty Agency, KLS Artistry, Wanderer Barbering Co
- Lighting and Special Effects – Crimson Haze Event Lighting
- Officiant – Arissa Reach, A Wedding with Heart
- Photography – Kristen Marie Parker
- Rentals – Vintage Ambiance, Cort, La Tavola Linens
- Stationery – Sablewood Paper Co
- Transportation – A&A Limo
- Venue – AXIS Pioneer Square
Wedding Inspiration: Stacey & Marc
Stacey and Marc loved the warmth and romance of AXIS and wanted to complement it with soft lighting and fabric.
Our antique style string lights — a perennial favorite at AXIS — provided an intimate and charming ambiance in both rooms. We coordinated softly draped ivory fabric for the archways, paired with our pretty Fairy Light Backdrop for the ceremony backdrop and then head table backdrop for reception. For a few more pops of light, we illuminated their cocktail rounds with white linens to give them a soft glow. Dreamy!
Photos by Lion Lady Photography
- Cake: Celebrity Cake Studio
- Catering: Shooby Doo Catering
- Coordinator – New Creations Wedding and Events
- Florist: Flora de Amore
- Getaway Vehicle: Seattle Pedicabs
- Hair & Makeup: Pacific Brides
- Late Night Snack: Espresso Cart
- Late Night Snack: A la Mode Pies
- Late Night Snack: Dante’s Inferno Dogs
- Lighting: Crimson Haze Event Lighting
- Magician: Nash Fung
- Music/Emcee: Bootleg Sunshine
- Officiant: Pastor Dave
- Painter: Sam Day
- Photographer: Lion Lady Photography
- Photo Booth: Shutter Bus
- Rentals: R & R Party Rentals
- Skeeball: National Event Pros
- Venue: Axis Pioneer Square
- Videographer: Green Attic Films
Photos of Our Work at AXIS Pioneer Square
- EO Holiday Gala (casino theme)
- Wilderness Labs DevCamp 2023
- Wedding, Kyle and Quintin (dynamic string lights and Dancing on the Clouds)
- Wedding, Zoë and Brian (fairy light backdrop) (photos by Urban Light Studios)
- Wedding, Carly and Patrick (string lights with drapes) (photos by P Verbovski)
- Wedding, Robelle and Jonny (string lights with vines) (photos by Breanna + Kevin Photography)
- Wedding, Jackie and Justin (mirror balls and chandeliers) (Blog post: “Best Technical Production” Award!)
- Wedding, Jackie and Justin (mirror balls and chandeliers) (photos by Kristen Marie Parker) (Blog post: “Best Technical Production” Award!)
- Archway Drapes and Chandeliers
- Wedding, JJ and Joanna (photos by Sonja Lyon Photography)
- String Lights with Vines (various events)
- Wedding, Michaela and Matt
- Wedding, Cody and Noah
- Wedding (with Fairy Light Backdrop), Stacey and Marc
- Wedding, Reby and Chase
- Wedding, Ellie and Jonathan (deluxe string lights with 9-crossings)
- Holiday Party
- Arctic Storm holiday party (blue with snowflake gobos)