Lighting and AV Ideas for Weddings During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Coronavirus is inviting us to reimagine how we bring events to life, and how to do so beautifully and safely. A great creative opportunity! There are many ways that lighting can help bring your vision to life and take your celebration to the next level.
How can you make your event shine during this time?
- “Wow” Your Guests — We could all use some extra delight and excitement right now; consider surprising your guests with “wow” moments like Dancing on the Clouds for a grand entrance or first dance, or ending the night with a “bang” from the Confetti Surprise Box. Create lasting memories (and great photos!) and enhance your guest experiences with fun, luxurious surprises.
- Transform Your Venue — Did you want to get married in a church? Or have a big festival-style dance party? Perhaps your original vision isn’t currently possible, but with creative lighting, we can help bring that vision to life in a new setting. For example, project beautiful cathedral windows in your venue to create the feeling of a church, or create your own personal nightclub with epic dance party lighting and special effects even if it’s just for your 10 best friends. There are lots of ways to transform a space, bring a theme to life, and transport your guests.
- Livestream and Connect Virtually — Do you have loved ones who couldn’t attend in person? Include them virtually by livestreaming your ceremony. They can still be part of your big day!
- Project Big, Bold Imagery — Video projection is such a versatile way to share big, impactful content with your loved ones. Large flat screen TVs are a great option, but if you have the space (and if your guest count is reduced, you might!), consider going bigger with projection. Photo slideshows are always so popular with guests. You could share your engagement video. If you have guests who aren’t able to attend, you could have them record a special video greeting or toast to play during the reception. One of the key lessons from quarantine has been our ability to stay connected with one another through video and photos — consider incorporating that into your event.
- Reimagine Your Audio — Are you trying to simplify your event and reduce the number of vendors you’re working with? If you don’t feel the need for a full DJ package, consider our Classic Audio Package with an elegant, high-end speaker system, wireless microphones for the ceremony, toasts and more, and professional staff to play Spotify playlists and support your audio needs.
- Elevate the Dance Party — Maybe you’re planning to create “satellite” dance floors around the room to avoid overcrowding, or you’re incorporating stages, dancer platforms, or nightclub-style booths to give guests extra space to dance. Whatever way your dance floor takes shape, we can light it up! Dynamic lighting is our specialty and there are so many options for fun, vibrant, dance lighting and special effects to pair with your music. You’ll definitely get guests to the dance floor. And for all those guests choosing to watch rather than join in, they’ll have a fun light show to enjoy!
- Spotlight Key Features — Adding performances to your event? Planning a gorgeous cake or dessert display? Custom signage and escort cards? Special toasts from your closest family and friends? Spotlight these key moments with flattering lighting to make sure they can be seen and enjoyed.
- Accent the Outdoors — Are you celebrating in your garden or an outdoor venue? Does your indoor reception have a patio or courtyard? Our dreamy garland fairy lights, string lights and wireless uplights are all beautiful ways to add a little magic to an outdoor setting. Learn more about our outdoor lighting options.
- Create an Intimate Ambiance — Has your guest count reduced but you’re still in a large venue? We love using lighting to help create a warm, inviting, intimate feel. Café-style string lights are romantic and help create a cozy ambiance. Wireless uplights soften the walls and create a flattering, indirect glow. Pinspotting floral displays, lounge vignettes and other special decor can help fill your floor plan with special features and enticing spaces.
- Honor Departed Loved Ones — There are so many thoughtful ways to include family members who are no longer with us. Photo slideshows, videos, even monogram projections of their names are all great options. If you have a memory wall or other honorary display, make sure you consider some gentle pinspotting — it’s an essential finishing touch.
From subtle details to big “wow” moments, lighting and AV can transform your day and elevate your guest experience.
We’re all looking forward to getting together and celebrating. Let’s make it extra special.
Contact us with any questions.